Summer Trainee Program
- Providing exposure to trainees to critical business projects that come up during the period of summer internship (usually April - May every year).
- Provide a selection window for our Management Trainee recruitment for the next year..
Value proposition of Marico Summer Trainee Programme:
Marico culture of :
- Early responsibility - The summer trainees experience this in the form of live, relevant & meaningful projects.
- Freedom to experiment Meritocracy - The summer trainees experience this through the transparent, concurrent & institutionalized evaluation process.
- High commitment of the organization towards the programme: This is experienced throughout the internship. Each project is whetted by the GEC (Group Executive Committee) (Top Management) members to ensure that we are optimally engaging the quality talent we get as summer trainees, which benefits the organization and the summer trainee. The progress of the trainee is also closely tracked throughout the internship, through evaluation and feedback.
- Long term career opportunity in the form of a Pre Placement Interview & Offer policy
- Recognition through the Best Summer Project Contest.
Outline of the Summer Trainee Program :
- Induction: The Summer Trainees interact with the Top Management members in a 1-day induction session. They are given a strategic overview of the organization to give them a better context before they start on their summer projects.
- Career anchors dialogue: This is an initiative taken by Marico which aims at helping summer trainees understand their Career anchors, thus enabling them in making good career decisions.
- Evaluation of Summer Trainees: There is a strong evaluation process in place, with a structured mid-stint feedback mechanism, to ensure that the summer trainee is on track. The Final Evaluation is based on the Marico generic competencies, in line with the objective of evaluating the summer trainee as a future Manager. Final assessment includes a presentation to guide, grand superior (Function Head) and a member of the HR team.