In 2002 Marico established a factory on foreign soil - Bangladesh. Marico was the first Indian company to have a manufacturing location in Bangladesh. The steady growth of CNO franchise, with better product quality along with direct and indirect distribution provided a good opportunity for IBG business in Bangladesh. In Bangladesh, Marico operates through Marico Bangladesh Limited (MBL), a wholly owned subsidiary with its manufacturing facility at Mouchak, near Gazipur. This is an ISO 9001 certified facility.
Our journey in Bangladesh
- Started operations in 2000
- Parachute Coconut Oil is a leader in its category.
- Acquired 2 soap brands – Camelia and Aromatic – in 2005
- Launched Haircode Hair Dye in 2009
- Haircode achieved a market share of over 15% in its first full year of operations
- Marico Bangladesh listed on the Dhaka and Chittagong Stock Exchange in 2009
- Marico is amongst the top 3 FMCG MNC companies in Bangladesh
- Launched Saffola Gold, a premium edible oil, in 2010
- Parachute has been amongst top 10 most trusted brands continuously in the years 2008, 2009 and 2010.
- Lauched Parachute Advansed Cooling Hail Oil in 2011.
For further details please visit www.maricobd.com